This Kahlo bracelet was inspired by my muse, Frida Kahlo. This bracelet radiates with the finest, quality gems, primarily AAA rated joined together with beads made by incredibly artistic tribespeople in traditional methods... bohemian look, colorful, fine gems, metals. Soft balance of quality stones & primitive elements.
• Mozambique Garnet German-cut beads four of them, perfectly colored
• Aquamarine rare, faceted Israel cut rondelles
• Jade round beads
• Smokey Quartz German Cut disks in a trifecta
• Welo Opal or Yellow-Fire Opal from Ethiopia
• Emerald, large natural & raw
• Green Chrysoprase rondelles
• Blue Apatite box bead
• Bauxite beads in a terracotta color
• Sterling Silver antique tube bead
• Lapis Lazuli square cut beads
• Pyrite beads two ways; disk and square beads
• Navy Blue Maasai, antique barrel beads
• African Kano Yellow antique trade beads
• African sandcastle bead
• Brass and Silver spacers from Ethiopia
• Abyssinian Glass Crystal old cube bead
• Golden Bronze metallic glass beads from Ghana
• Finished with a Blue antique Annular Wound Dogon beads or "Dutch Donuts" that can move about on its own or be played with by shifting over the smaller beads surrounding it. The bracelet is completed with a Sterling Silver "BINC", hand-stamped paillette.
Easy on and off bracelet - the stones and beads set on a malleable, stretchable, exceptionally-durable cording.
Please specify your wrist choice:
(S) small or (L) large.
S) 7-7.25" inner circumference (giving about an inch more than actual wrist size to accommodate the large beads).
(L) 8.35" bracelet (inner circumference)
I've incorporated the seductively hued stones with beads of the finest variety. The beads are carefully chosen for their antiquity and craftsmanship of their makers. Please note minor flaws or imperfections may appear within these handcrafted beads or inclusions within the natural, raw gems. It's one aspect of their inherent beauty.
This bracelet is carefully crafted with large, ornamental, incongruent-shaped pieces juxtaposed against the small, geometric color-filled ones. The combination creates a beautiful balance as it moves naturally on your wrist. It beams with incredibly vibrant gems! Some stones: shiny and polished, and others classic, weathered and rutty from time. All of these beauties, bathed in rich jeweled tones colored naturally from the earth.
Every design is accompanied by a list. The list encompasses history, as well as scientific details, and the meta-physical healing qualities inherent to the metals, gems & beads on your piece. All accessory and jewelry items are shipped securely inside BINC bodyBAUBLES signature, keepsake storage satchel. The petite bag is made of inimitable, repurposed materials. The packaging doubles as thoughtful and unique gift-wrapping!
Inspiration for this and much of my work is generated from an ethnological appreciation of different cultures. My design esthetic is influenced by primitive tribal jewelry and artifacts' as tiles, pottery, textiles, garments, and the colors and hues within all of them. I relish the ornate details within ancient weaponry and armor and am fortified by history of all genres. I find foods and herbs from different lifestyles throughout the world endlessly stimulating. I'm encouraged everyday by family, music, architecture, nature, and the ecosystems within.
One of my favorite things to do is to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the NYC with my amazing seven-year-old son. He now has a love and fondness for the museum experience that is growing close to his mommy's.
FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING, $5 flat INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING with insurance!
Please read over all BINC bodyBAUBLES policies before purchasing.
. . . thank you for letting me share myself with you!
All content (including designs, photography, product names, product descriptions and text) is copyright reserved -
BINC bodyBAUBLES, Inc. Alexandria Black, 2012 - perpetuity