The Sage Nomadic Necklace is a dramatic 46" long serpentine wrap that is the ultimate boho & tribal splurge, a true statement piece. It can be worn long or wrapped twice around the neck at endless lengths and variations. Wear it as an asymmetrical harness for a bohemian meets warrior appeal. Sage is a name meaning "wise".
This design beams with:
• Emerald rondelles
• Tyre Aquamarine faceted rondelles & Israel cut rondelles in Blues & Moss Greens
• Amber button beads
• Chrysophrase Green rondelles; faceted rounds & simple polished rounds
• Lavender Tanzanite Rondelle
• Blue & Gold veined Lapis Lazuli disk beads
• Ethiopian Fire Opal
• Carnelian German cut faceted disk
• Citrine faceted nuggets
• Blue Apatite squares
• metallic hued Fresh Water Pearls
• Garnet faceted triangles
• Petrified Redwood Tree round beads
• African Turquoise in varied shapes and tones; tubes, button and barrel beads
• Pyrite in varied shapes; giant cube, small button beads & faceted beads
• Smokey Quartz in a faceted teardrop
• Rose Quartz in varied shapes; rectangular, cubes and mini diamond-cut beads
• White Coral seed beads
• “third eye” Moqui Marbles inlaid bead with abalone & sterling silver
• antique African Red-glass & White-glass “Green-heart” beads
• African sandcast beads
• Ghana Chevron & striped glass beads in red, blue and white combined with antique, navy colored Maasai beads (a little bond in solidarity for the Nice attack)
• filigree Baule Brass beads from the Ivory Coast made using authentic
lost-wax castings featured here in rare designs; antique mini-heart-to-heart, sun, tube-weave, wrapped end-tube filigree, triangle-leaf & antique bells.
• African Bauxite beads in burnt umber
• Jasper beads
• Swarovski Crystal in Sage Smokey Quartz squares
• Old Abyssinian glass crystal cube bead
• Blue Old annular Wound Dogon beads
• Batik Bone beads (byproduct-found remains) in many abstract and literal designs; zig-zag, star
• Old Maasai African Turkana navy glass bead
• Ethiopian round brass bicone beads
• African Mali Terracotta black bicone bead
• Antique Sterling Silver tube beads, Ethiopian White Metal beads
• Ethiopian Copper tube beads
• African recycled glass beads in varied shapes and colors
• Copper bicone heishi beads
• Brass spacers
• Vintage Hebron Yellow Kano bead
• varied African, Indian and Tibetan beads
• Authenticated with a BINC, circular, hand-stamped sterling silver paillette.
This necklace is carefully crafted with the large, ornamental, incongruent-shaped pieces juxtaposed against the small, geometric color-filled ones creating a beautiful balance as it’s placed about your décolletage. It can move or be placed in countless ways for endless looks. The Sage Wrap & Harness contains incredibly vibrant gems; shiny and polished and others classic, weathered and rutty from time. All bathed in rich jeweled tones colored from the earth.
I've incorporated the seductively hued stones with beads of the finest variety. The beads are carefully chosen for their antiquity and craftsmanship of their makers. Please note minor flaws or imperfections may appear within these handcrafted beads or inclusions within the natural, raw gems. It's one aspect of their inherent beauty.
The Sage Nomadic Wrap is a power piece filled with many healing stones and beads; the fair trade beads sourced from places around the world.
Every design is accompanied by a list. The list encompasses history, as well as scientific details, and the meta-physical healing qualities inherent to the metals, gems & beads on your piece. All accessory and jewelry items are shipped securely inside BINC bodyBAUBLES signature, keepsake storage satchel. The petite bag is made of inimitable, repurposed materials. The packaging doubles as thoughtful and unique gift-wrapping!
Inspiration for this and much of my work is generated from an ethnological appreciation of different cultures. My design esthetic is influenced by primitive tribal jewelry and artifacts' as tiles, pottery, textiles, garments, and the colors and hues within all of them. I relish the ornate details within ancient weaponry and armor and am fortified by history of all genres. I find foods and herbs from different lifestyles throughout the world endlessly stimulating. I'm encouraged everyday by family, music, architecture, nature, and the ecosystems within.
One of my favorite things to do is to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC with my amazing seven-year-old son. He now has a love and fondness for the museum experience that is growing close to his mommy's.
. . . thank you for letting me share myself with you!
Please read over all of the BINC bodyBAUBLES policies prior to ordering.
All content (including designs, photography, product names, product descriptions and text) is copyright reserved -
BINC bodyBAUBLES, Inc. Alexandria Black, 2012 - perpetuity